PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 3
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2006, 10:38
egnxema

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
easyJet - easyboy, surely the "if it aint broke don't fix it" proverb doesn't apply to expansion. If you are expanding a profitable business, you are not trying to fix it, you are trying to make more profit - and that is what airlines want to do - make profit.

CALL CENTRES

On a different subject - I am trying to get from EMA - BRU on 26/12, but it seems that BD have no flights for the whole week from 23/12 - 31/12. Are BD leaving the ERJ parked up at EMA for the whole week?

Anyway - I called BD, Reservations now no longer seems to be at Donington Hall, but has been outsourced overseas. I asked for flights from East Midlands to Brussels and the very helpful Res Agent said "I'm sorry, we don't fly from East Midlands - you need to call bmibaby." I said, "I'm very sure british midland do fly East Midlands to Brussels." She said she would check. "Oh yes, we do fly, but only twice a week now. We fly East Midlands to Brussels on Mondays and Tuesdays only." I said that doesn't really make sense, can you check. She "checked" and said " Yes, only twice a week."

A quick call to Donington Hall confirmed that maybe outsourcing the airline's main reservations centre overseas was not the best idea!

So......I am still trying to get EMABRU on 26DEC. Have checked BHX but SN fly too late in the day. Eurostar it is then.