PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What to do with a Walt?
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2006, 10:16
GPMG

A good friend of mine has a cousin who pretended to be a Royal Marine. This chap was about 25 and had lied to his friends and also to his girlfriend etc.

On the walts stag do someone mentioned how it was good that although he had been through a bombing in N Ireland that it hadn’t affected him in any bad way.

My mate asked what the hell he was talking about. As he had me and another friend who were serving in the corps at the time he knew a little bit about what went on etc. To cut a long story short my mate started laughing his head off on the stag do bus and shouted out "You must be joking, xxxxxxx has never been in the army cadets yet alone the Royal Marines". Poor unfortunate walt was ousted and ended up standing up and grovellingly admitting to his friends that he was a liar.

When he admitted it to his Fiancé she dumped him. Oh the justice.

I met the fool last year and he is the typical type of person that you would imagine would try this kind of crap, shifty and very dull when engaged in conversation. Mind you I don't think he was all that interested in conversation, seeing as my friend introduced me as "This is Alex.....he was a real one".