PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Psychometric testing (ie J* / QF Stage 1) courses
Old 28th Nov 2006, 01:48
podbreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 32megapixels
It would be a better investment to pay a year 10 maths/english teacher to help you. Cut some shapes out for cubes from an A4 piece of paper and use the resources of books and the internet. You can be tutored for 2-3 weeks by a teacher for the price that is being asked by certain business' for the a 2-3 day 'course'.
The spatial, numerical and verbal reasoning tests resemble that of any IQ tests. Techniques can be learnt to help you work faster, thats where I see the buck stop. Go to a library and you'll find plenty of books which will aide you in working faster for tests like these.

The motovational questionaire isn't something you can train for. It draws a potrate of your personality, to answer what you think they want is a sure way to exit at stage 1. The extent of advice anyone can give for this is for the applicant to be honest.

So where does the 3K go?

I cannot fathom how someone could 'blitz' it after failing it. Furthermore, since QF do not release information on how well one went (as scores), I can't imagine how someone could have obtained that knowledge. Please prove me wrong.