PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jerez V Oxford: Again!
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2006, 21:24
cfwake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jerez V Oxford: Again!

Hi guys!

Right, a fairly simple one this one and one that will hopefully not string off for too long!

I've passed the tests to get into the Oxford APP which if i go will be starting around June/July next year. But I'm going to Jerez in January to do the tests. I was hoping to speak to someone who has been to both and has a good idea of if there is any difference in the airline's eyes as to which is preferable. I have a fair guess that whichever i go to i won't be going far wrong as the feedback that I get is that both are regarded extremely highly, but if i have an offer from both I have a choice and I may find it very difficult to decide. Oxford, in my experience, are an extremely eager, professional outfit who have a lot of time for you as long as you put the effort in, they seem to have a1 facilities that Jerez falls behind on and the quality of teaching seems to be pretty much identical.

Jerez, on the other hand, seems to be the best in europe in many people's eyes, with slightly more outated technical facilities (i refer to the 125 sim vs 2 737 sims in particular) and no comparable course to Oxford's JOC or First officer fundamentals. Not wishing to start a discussion on the importance of these as people will undoubtedly have their own opinions, but is the technical and tutoring advantage of Oxford outweighed by just how good Jerez is? Is Jerez so much better than any other flying school or is the real-world difference minimal? I get the impression that any line looking for pilots tends to see Oxford and Jerez at a similar if not identical level.

Essay over any information will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Chris Wake