PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What to do with a Walt?
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2006, 20:52
QFIhawkman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mmmmnice
QFIhawkman - although I've never stumbled across such a case, my understanding of the GSM is that once 7 bars for individual actions have been awarded then a new one is issued. As I said, I've never seen anyone with anything approaching 7 bars but there again this is probably the preserve of the enthusiastic fantacist?
You would be right there. I stand corrected. I've just never seen it done.

Incidentally I was recently at a dinner where a few of the invited guests were EOD chaps, NCOs mainly. (On average about ten years younger than myself).
The medal count per person was astounding. One of the Corporals had no fewer than nine. I did have to ask what a couple of them were, but there's no doubting they were all genuine and well earned.
I guess that what I'm trying to say is that medals tend to come in batches, so for example if a person has the GSM twice, he'd probably have the LS+GC medal at least. They tend to "group" if you know what I mean. If you have a particular one, you're likely to have one more, and unlikely to have certain others. For example, you'll very rarely if ever see a Falklands medal plus the QGJ, but you WOULD be expected to see a QGJ alongside the OSM(A) or the LS+GC, or the Iraq medal.
Two GSM, plus a GW1, plus an MBE (If I remember your post) without a LS+GC plus a NATO (Bosnia or that theatre) would smell fishy for a supposed SSgt.

An Teallach: I suppose that in your original post you were already aware that he was a "Walt" but was in particular looking for a way of getting rid of him from the society. As someone before me said, check his medals for engraved details.
Other than that, as I say, get some research done. Then get him to do a little talk on his time in the forces. You can then all laugh at him as his world crumbles. This may lead to suicide. This is in no way my fault.

These people need a life after all!