PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - News of the World, so it must be true!!
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2006, 17:19
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Melchett From your posts, I gather you are not in the FRI plot, you are not aircrew and you are are trapped in the 'stay for the the pension' syndrome If you are not 'urgently needed', what trade are you - are you a Branch Officer bluntie, serving loyaly but not just for the money?
Oh go on then Buoy, I'll bite - I've got nothing better to do for the next 15 minutes before dinner is finished being cremated.

I understand why the FRIs to date have been targeted towards pilots and the odd bit of talking freight that can string a sentence together. However, only the most obtuse would fail to realise that retention is now a problem across the RAF as a whole and as such it may be time to extend the FRIs to other branches. Without the 'blunties' you describe, your ac isn't going anywhere, so when they all disappear, I hope you're good at changing engines.

Oh and just in case you are one of the few - that is one the exceptionally obtuse few - a warning; the RAF in 20+ yrs will belong to blunties and 13 yd old Playstation professionals. As long as the bean counters have their way, crew in the cockpits will be phased out in favour of a datalink and a box of servos..... you won't always need aircrew to project air power.

And by the way, I never said what I did - how do you know my job isn't on the list of 'urgently needed'? Now run along there's a good chap and fetch my Big Mac - and yes I will have fries with it

Last edited by Melchett01; 27th Nov 2006 at 17:55.