PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mid-air collision over Brasil
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2006, 15:16
lucaberta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RatherBeFlying
Programmers aspire to make the world a better place by coming up with bright ideas to make the users' lives easier. To complete the job, they have to run said bright ideas by the users to get rid of the bad ones.
how true! Me wonders if the clear allegations made by IFACTA in their statement, if confirmed, will prompt any reviews and possible changes in the ATC systems HMI in other parts of the world too (I tend to believe there will be some at least in Brasil, unless proven wrong... it's called blood response).

I keep hearing from friends ATCOs about the issues they face on a daily basis, and little to nothing is done to remediate the situation.

Is this due to the military legacy in the ATC business worldwide? Once upon a time (?), the lower ranks in front of the screens were commanded to do their job, and keep their mouth shut. Could it be that now ANSPs could finally put their military legacy behind their back and invest in their people with more qualification and motivation, and hopefully the possibility to give constructive feedback to the equipment vendor?

Ciao, Luca