PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737NG - Trimming in the flare??
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2006, 06:51
propnut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

There is an autopilot stab trim command that will run the stab trim nose up as it starts the flare manouvre, just before touchdown. See Maint manual ref: 22-11-00 p 98.112.
It occurs for 5.5 secs when:
a/c in the air and in flare mode of DFCS and,
not in GA mode and,
G/S is engaged.

It is not easy to remember as there are a lot of things that can cause stab trim to function at different times.

regards,
Propnut

Originally Posted by Funnel Cloud
Hi Rainboe,

I agree indeed, the NG brakes are very good and I have also used Autobrake 3 with idle reverse before. It's not a big deal especially when you're operating at light gross weights, however.... you should still be very aware of the minimum brake cooling schedule. Nobody says that these pilots didn't do that, because they may have had a nice long turn-around anyway. In that case there is no problem.

Indeed this "SPEED TRIM SYSTEM" works especially just after take-off but NOT during the landing flare. It's only armed at high power settings (N1 greater than 60% for the -800). I have never seen a trim wheel move during the landing flare and according to my FCTM it's not recommended.

I must say I agree with the rest of your post. It's sad that you can't trust anyone these days and it seems that any normal looking pax could be a journo. Some colleages of mine also allowed a passenger taking a photo of the flight deck during disembarking. The next day it was all over the newspapers with the title "Journalists gets unrestricted access to flight deck of passenger jet" or something like that.

Cheers,

FC