PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Global Search for ATCs
Old 27th Nov 2006, 03:25
AirNoServicesAustralia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Dirty Pierre I have to admire your courage and backbone, because it takes a brave man to start name calling on an anonymous forum. Courageous, truly courageous!

The point I was making was that while yes you can knock back overtime in Australia, you can also take copious amounts, which in the end is to the detriment of your health and life outside of work. The point I was making was that here in the Middle East (and I think in the UK, as our regulations are pretty much copied from the UK CARS), the individual is effectively protected from their own greed, by forcing them to have a minimum of 2 60hr breaks per 30 days, and after 7 shifts, they are forced to have a minimum 60 hours off before they work again.

To the guys going to Australia, even if I haven't worked there for a few years, I have constantly worked with guys leaving there since I left, who say that you will work quick turn around shifts, and you will do the dreaded morning-doggo turnaround, and you will be called constantly to do overtime. If you don't have a problem with 10 or 11 hour turnarounds, and you are quite happy to work-eat-sleep-work-eat-sleep-work then go right ahead, but if you would prefer to work-eat-gym-beer-sleep-work-eat-movie-shag-sleep-work-eat-sport-beer-beer-beer-sleep-work then have good long think about it.