PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A good year for Modular Trainee Employment?
Old 27th Nov 2006, 00:29
BYALPHAINDIA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jinkster
I know of people that send 10 cv's every 2 months - NOT ENOUGH!!

If you want an airline job - fly as often as possible and send at least 100 CV's a month!!!

Good luck
I Dont think you have a better chance of getting a 'position' if you send 10 or more of your CV's every month?

The Airline's do speak to each other regarding suitable applicants, and in some cases if you look desperate for a 'position' that could rule out your chances?

Although it gives you a good sense of acquiring a position from your own personal view, The Airlines not only look for the key skills & experience but for the people skills to accompany it.

I have known Instructors who have less conversation than a 'Monkey' and that's normally the better off ones!!

As for the time of year, Obviously most Airlines make a 'loss' in the winter months, so Recruitment & Training is limited to the minimum.

As for pilot shortage, There is a shortage - not an alarming one but a worry for the Airlines in the coming 5 years ahead.

With so many 'Ex Mill' pilots using their 'Gorm' and leaving the MOD? or whatever, this is filling up the low cost Airlines requirements.

I have a friend who has just last month acquired a position with a 'lo cost' op, after many years of instructing and training all of his own making. Luckily he acquired the finance to do it!! Thats part of the Battle!!

I think some of these Training operators Cabair, Oxford, Stapleton etc Push the Boat out and 'fasttrack' the student onto a position, Obviously this is in the interest of both parties, But they don't reliase that a CPL is still alot simplier than an ATPL, Yes you maybe an excellent CPL student/ Instructor but it doesn't make you 'compelled' to fly Airliners.

I attended Cabair years ago, But I found it to be 'over the top' and nothing remotely beneficial in getting a position, I still think they 'already' had people for the jobs before they tested 250 of us?

My view was that it was just a 'money making regime' = £55 x 250?

I still don't think some potential ATPL students take into consideration the 'responsibility' of flying an Airliner, The legal part of the flying, and the implications if things go wrong, not only from the Airline but from the public also, There has being cases of Custodial sentences passed in other countries.

I wish everyone the Best with all their Training and Future plans.

Regards.