PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would you become a Professional Pilot again?
Old 31st Mar 2005, 13:41
fluffy5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How many times have I heard this question.
Well lets start back to numerical points......
1.If you have a girlfriend or just about to be married fend them off with a stick,because they won't appreciate the time away from home or the lack of any real cash for 5 years.

2.After 5 years u may have huge depts,and a trickle of cash coming in,no bmw anymore sold it and recognise the instructor who has the push bike outside and lives in a caravan on a cold grass airfield.

3.Any one hands up to the amount of people u know who started out and have fallen by the way side.I will answer loads,run out of cash,loss of medical, to dimmy and not enough determination to pass the atpls and in general ones that just run out of steam lose interest as it takes such a long and hard road to get that decent salaried position.

4.The amount of cowboys in the industry parading about with tales of how much money u can make once your cpl or the commercial way of flying 206 for weddings or horsey races will sustain you financially.this will turn out like point 2.

5.is for fluffy ?...
Thats right people / training providers will paint a warm fluffy easy industry to progress earn lots off cash.
Thats because they want your cash to sustain there ever dept generating companies.If your smart go to companies house take 5 of the top training providers look at there profit and loss and see that 4 out of 5 companies prefer to operate huge losses every year.

6. With these pearls of wisdom of the rotary industry I will send my invoice,because I need the money......