PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would you become a Professional Pilot again?
Old 26th Feb 2005, 18:07
helidecks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Career advice for a young upstart.........

Hope you chaps can help out someone who wants to start a career with a challenge to it rather than fly fixed wings like all my mates!

Wonder if the fellow ppruners on this site can advice so that I go in with my eyes open instead of blindly checking out the web sites and spending a fortune on books, training to find at the end I am not up to scratch!

Is it better to go and have private lessons to learn to fly or try and join one of these training courses and get on a sponsorship programme if I can.

Realistically if I get through everything what is there at the end of it jobs etc without going into the military?

If I get through and then loose my medical are there a lot of opportunities that you can still use what you have gained in a ground position/office or they limited?

Ideally I would love to go for Crash Investigation at the end of it all, is this a possibility and do you still keep current if the Department or a relevant company takes you on?

Sorry for all the questions but before I mortgage my life and soul I want to know if it is worth going into at the end of the day with a sound career at the end of the hard slog.

Mainly cos all my friends, being fixed wing laugh at me wanting to go in this direction!

Thanks