PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would you become a Professional Pilot again?
Old 20th Feb 2005, 21:58
chopperchav

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the good advice guys. Great observational skills Mr Redeye, you spotted what a sad man I am with nothing better to do on a Friday night.
Dont get me wrong, I'm not some city toff who has just bought himself a new toy and developed some soon to pass romantic notion of flying for a living. I have been fascinated with flying for as long as I can remember and if I didnt have the eye-sight of Mr Magoo, would of probably worked my way up through the business the hard way. Now thanks to the wonders of laser surgery I can get a class 1 medical and fulfill a dream.
The purpose of this post was just to hear experiences of people who have made a late career change to flying and how they have got on. I will try and plod on in the city for a few more years and get this flying thing out of my system. I have a feeling I wont though so maybe I can contribute something to the industry in the future and try not to blow the kids inheritance in the process. Anyway, surely Mr Bristow has made a few quid from helicopters.