PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would you become a Professional Pilot again?
Old 7th Jan 2005, 11:07
B Sousa
Gatvol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rotordog made a point that lots of folks miss. that is "Life is short, so very short".
You have to weigh what you want to do along with whats going to be there at the other end if you want to someday retire.
I can get into these threads knowing Im covered. I have been flying for 35 years without a miss, BUT most of those years flying was secondary to my occupation. That allowed me to retire at 52 and then pursue flying as a new occupation or a good way to make Beer money. Many of my friends from my previous occupation have no hobbies etc. and quite frankly sit around waiting to be recycled. I have had some fun years and made money flying and still do so. It also allows me the freedom to say no to conditions that many youngsters who depend on flying would have to sheepishly accept. I see it all the time. Questionable Maintenance, Marginal Weather etc., and yes I have seen more than my share of these guys buy the farm...
So with Life so short, give things a good thought, but do remember the other end as it comes very quickly.....