PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would you become a Professional Pilot again?
Old 7th Jan 2005, 08:37
Whirlybird

The Original Whirly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rotordog,

To add one other small point ot Whirlygig's very valid comments...

I raised many of the negative aspects of flying for a living in my earlier posts; if you'd read them you'd see that. I went into this with my eyes open. I decided to keep on my current work, which is freelance and flexible. I decided to get the helicopter qualifications because I wanted to; I had the money and wasn't going to go into debt. I decided I wouldn't give up anything I had except some inherited savings, and would instruct parttime unless I was made a helicopter job related offer I couldn't refuse. And yes, I'm at the start. And yes, it's tough. And I don't have much work, and barely cover expenses. And I had to find my own students at the first school I was at, and the CFI hated my guts and let me know it at every opportunity...mainly because I'd had the sense to keep on another job and he hadn't and he was jealous. And it's got me nowhere in the normally accepted world view of success, and I know it. And I have no regrets whatsoever. Because I don't care that much about money and big houses and fast cars and so on, and I have no family so can do what I damn well please.

Right, is that clear? If you'd read any of my posts, you'd know all that. I'm a pretty prolific poster; I virtually live my life on PPRuNe. So criticise me if you like, but do it accurately, and DON'T CALL ME AN OVER-ENTHUSIASTIC WANNABE WHO DOESN'T TELL IT LIKE IT IS!!!!!!!!