PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would you become a Professional Pilot again?
Old 6th Jan 2005, 23:15
Whirlybird

The Original Whirly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's funny. So many people I talk to about this light up and say "you only live once, god if I had the chance to go back and even have a shot at becoming a professional heli pilot... go do it!" except pilots, who seem to say "you only life once, for god sake don't become a pilot"!!
Interesting, that. When I was wondering about spending a shedload of money to get my CPL, an old chap in his 70s, who hadn''t flown helicopters but had done most other things, said I should go for it, because "You never regret the things you've done, only those you haven't". Seems maybe he was wrong, if this lot are to be believed. But I don't think so, on reflection. There's a difference between regretting that you didn't try something, and realising maybe you made a mistake. The first is worse. Someone once said that the two saddest words in the English language were "if only".

You haven't got that much to lose, so go for it. And contrary to what everyone on here seems to think, money isn't everything, for everyone.