PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would you become a Professional Pilot again?
Old 4th Aug 2004, 04:40
gomexjr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To give you a quick idea of the financial investment, I am taking my Instrument check ride and still have another 30 hours of flying time until I can take my Commercial. I have already spent $25,000 US. I figure it will be close to $50,000 US before I am finished with my CPL/CFII. At which point I can only hope that I will be able to get a job as an instructor and make a measly $1,500 to $2,000 per month. That is the figure that I have been told by current and former instructors. Just some food for thought.

Also, if you do a search you will find where this question has been raised by numerous people in similar situations.

I myself make in the same ballpark as you, but I am all too happy to give it up to pursue my dream. I also have two young children and they are my best source of support. They ask all sorts of questions that help me study. They want to know everything and trying to explain it to them allows me to know the material better. I can't wait until I have enough time to safely take them for a flight. I also know that it was the right decision for me, as I have not had a second thought....ok maybe on my first check ride but it passed quickly as did I. If you have any questions feel free to PM me. I would be happy to discuss what little (can't stress that word enough) I know.

edited to correct some horrible spelling errors, so feel free to pick it apart......where's the spell check?!?!?