PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would you become a Professional Pilot again?
Old 8th Jul 2004, 20:30
Bomber ARIS

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, praise the Lord and letīs count our blessings! - We earn more than toilet cleaners!!

I am, at last, relieved that we've established the benchmark against which our profession is to be judged. For that, Whirly, I thank you.

From Banjo George

The supply and demand does NOT favour heli pilots, irrespective of professionalism or training or anything - that's just the way it seems, like it or not.
You are wrong! It is the the brigades of "starry eyed newbies", willing to pole for free, that do not favour (pro-)heli pilots.

From Whirly

It comes down to supply and demand like everything else.What makes helicopter pilots think they're so special?
It is you. It is Banjo George. It is every dreamer who opines "you don't really work", who thinks that to be a helicopter pilot is so special. And to that end, you offer to work for free, naively thinking that someone is doing you a favour! Worse still, you have the gaul to pipe up with a "supply and demand" here, and a "make way for us keenies, you bitter & twisted curmudgeons" there. We sincerely thank you for that industry overview.

Once again, the amateur legions rail against what they deem to be an unpalatable post by PPRUNE FAN #1. An easy target, maybe, but imagine yourself the other side of 10,000 hours and now let's hear YOUR replies to the same provocation.

Half a bottle of Rioja ago, I smugly assured myself that I would never post whilst drunk . Sadly, I am a weak, weak man and fell off the wagon and onto my laptop; defeated by Whirly and her toilet-cleaning sidekick.

Yours, PPRUNE FAN #1 FAN!!!!