PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would you become a Professional Pilot again?
Old 5th Jul 2004, 17:37
PPRUNE FAN#1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
goaround7 wrote:
You don't really work (except if you go into the grey soup often) once you start flying helicopters. Somebody just pays you to do what you would do anyway. Ask yourself what you would do if you won the lottery (lotto - whatever). Most of us would just carry on with what we do already, except maybe get a couple of new ratings and drive to work in a nicer car. Makes you think...
Makes me think you're a complete ****, is what it does.

This was a troll, right? I mean, you're not serious; you can't be. We don't really work? Somebody just pays you to do what you would do anyway??? Not me, mate. If I won the lottery, I would quit flying helicopters IMMEDIATELY, if not sooner. I might never fly (or even fly in) one ever again. (I guess that means that I don't love helicopters enough for you and should therefore leave this industry at once, eh?)

But thanks for perpetuating this situation in which helicopter pilots are not fairly remunerated for what we do. Your co-workers, many of whom have not even entered this industry yet, appreciate you devaluing their careers for them and turning our profession into nothing but a mere hobby. ******.

(Please tell me that goaround7's post was just a troll and that I am, typically, missing the "joke.")