PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would you become a Professional Pilot again?
Old 3rd Jul 2004, 12:40
One of these days

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Banjo (& All)

I came on to pretty much ask the same question and this forum has been pricless.

Banjo I'm in a similar sort of place as you, I've saved and saved, had 2nd jobs etc to do this. I have finally booked a PPL(H) course and CPL(H) course with HAI, www.heli.com. and I'm crapping myself! But it is only money, I know I have to try because I have already spent three years picking up drunken gits in cabs and working 18 hour days and hell if that's all been for nothing! If nothing else I'm going to have a great year of flying helicopters and living that dream and at the end I've lost nothing. If I don't do it I will regret it for the rest of my life, oh and own a flashy car for while...big deal! My brother is a FW pilot and I've seen him struggle, but now he's laughing, he said to me "You can't not do it because you're scared of failing" and that ticks me over on times like now when I look at the price of those courses.

So go for it mate and enjoy that year if nothing else!

Thanks to everyone who replied to Banjo's thread, there are many encouraging and forthright views, and thanks banjo for being another me!!!

Good Luck