PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would you become a Professional Pilot again?
Old 17th Nov 2003, 02:44
BlenderPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mmmmmh . . . . . ?

I think I am doing it for Less money already FOR A GOOD REASON.

I choose my present job because there are very different kinds of helicopter piloting jobs, but two main groups are . .

1.- The boring jobs

2.- The fun jobs

I could easily be making twice as much flying a B430 with a rich guy from
Bldg. "A" to Bldg. "B" always with bitchy pax on board and flying 20 hours a month, or going up and down the same hill all the time.

This is not for me, I became a helicotpter pilot to escape from routines, to be where the action is, if were about money I go for my familly's business instead.

MY PRESENT JOB PAYS LESS THAN THE PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED, but is NEVER the same, I fly 5 different types, and rarely do the same type of flying twice in a week, I might start the week doing some ENG/News thing, the next day is doing all the flying required on a helicopter that's coming out of the shop after the skids were left smiling, and finish the week going to a Bullfighting cattle ranch to take pictures and upon return I went to pick up an injured skydiver to take him to the hospital (this was actually my week)

So you see to some pilots like yours truly, its not ONLY about the money . . . .

The flying has to fun! that is priceless.