PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would you become a Professional Pilot again?
Old 5th Jul 2002, 14:55
nonradio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm. I think Flare it has a problem with life which wouldn't be solved if he was paid a vaaast amount for his helicoptering skills. You really can't lambast folk for actually being quite happy with their lot in life. Clearly money is not the only issue - my best (yester)year as an R22 instructor was £42k gross but even though instructing was fun, eventually - like everything you do day after day it can become dull... A co-pilot job offered to me Up North paid 27k but the routine put me off ( or was it the proper job aspect, and HAVING to report for work?!) I still fly singles, do not instruct, am very poor and some days I hate helicopters, But if I was told I could never fly a helicopter (or aeroplane,sorry!) again I'd be gutted.It's what I do - fish gotta swim, birds gotta fly etc etc
So to summarise: I have spent a fortune to get my licences, and sometimes I hate what I do; but would I do it again? Of course I bloody would!! Flare it life is ****ty sometimes but at least its better than no life which evidently is what you have(nt) got. I bet you were still One of Us in the beginning: 'I could could fly all day and every day, just for food, 'an I wouldn't even need to be paid, mista..'
PS I still want to be a bush pilot.....