PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would you become a Professional Pilot again?
Old 4th Jul 2002, 01:25
B Sousa
Gatvol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Desert Dude
Take it back to square one. Heliport brought up something about the bulk of folks in the Helicopter Industry are happy campers. Thats when I said something too the effect of low pay, no retirement etc.
Those who responded were saying they have great jobs and great pay etc. Those folks were not the bulk of the industry. and I walked on that a few posts back.
Military Thing....Military pilots today have good pay, benefits and retirement. I admit though as of late they also have their fair share of deployments. But for someone in the Military who isnt happy, I say come on out and join some tour company or others mentioned and see what kind of future there is....
By the Way I didnt Start this thread.....Heliport used my name.....
Once again, I AM NOT unhappy with flying helicopters, I love it too.....but I did not have to do it for a career. I just happened to have flown for 33 years, lately for some lunch money.....
P.S. If your happy with $48k topping at $55k in this day and age, your goals are not that high. I do hope you are not satisfied there and, as you mentioned, plan to advance or move on where you can. Great for you, but today anything less than $80-100k/yr is not going to help much at the other end.
But thats your choice.
I have yet to see some GOMER/EMS guy in here, albeit I did get an email from one who is driving a nice new EMS rig and working his ass off for less than you get........Ah, but he loves it....
Good Luck