PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From a Boeing to an Airbus - Pilot Point of View
Old 26th Nov 2006, 21:25
wileydog3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tree
Good point wileydog3 but I think we are comparing apples to hammers.
Do they take Canukistan dollars at Langley?
They will take whatever currency you have...

And no not really comparing apples to hammers. The point was FBW is for people who don't have the basic stick and rudder skills. No doubt, this same argument was advanced when they moved the third wheel from the tail to the nose... any simpleton can fly one with that nose-thingy... for kids and people who can't really fly. Maybe same argument when they put canopies on airplanes so you couldn't hear the wind in the wings as well.. or when they stopped bracing the wings.

Which fighter is it... the Rafale that has 2 engines but only one throttle?

Airbus, like Boeing, McDoug, Fokker and anyone else you would like to mention tries to build an airplane that will *sell* and each go about it slightly differently. When I was a kid growing up in the south of the US, the argument was Chevrolets versus Ford. Then when I got to flying.. Boeing vs. Airbus.. Boeing vs. Douglas.. Gulfstream vs. Bombardier.. Lear vs. Citation.

The *one* airplane I have flown and currently fly that doesn't allow you to relax is my Swift. Crosswinds and gusty winds always make for an interesting day and you can run out of enough rudder with a strong crosswind from the left.