PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - Australia II
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2006, 20:56
Redstone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gone U/S
From what i've heard it appears the blanket was stuffed on the outbound SYDJNB sector QF63 and caused a large leakage into the hold of the aircraft on the return sector QF64 when the pipes burst... will let you all imagine what i am talking about there.
"the blanket" was more than one. The spill into the bilge of the bulk cargo area was not caused by burst pipes, the collection tanks had to be opened from the bottom at the outlet because they could not be emptied (blankets in the tanks).

Now, it is my opinion that the only way to get a blanket to flush down a vac lav would be to do it at altitude. On the ground the blower in the system just doesn't have the guts. The genius responsible is not helping the cause and deserves what they get. It is not funny when you are the poor sod elbow deep in crap fishing these things out of a half full toilet tank.

It may seem like the perfect way to ground an a/c (no crappers) but is mindless vandalism at best. The cc has drawn the ire of the engineers in Sydney base over this, so don't be surprised if the shoulder is a little cool. Find the imbecile and stop them.