PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 4
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 4
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2006, 17:52
ncleflights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote=Ops Guy;2986008]ncleflights [QUOTE]

"Come on, give these guys a break!! I am sure the management are busting a gut attempting to attract an airline to operate the NCL - New York route. This would be a very lucrative route for the Airport, so to say that they aren't trying to attract an airline to operate the route is ludicrous."

Sorry I still stand by my comment, its a fact that they made a mistake if they had gone for Continental instaead of AA we would have had the route operating from next summer, albeit a year later than AA planned. Who are we meant to blame for this one ncle management after all made the decision.

My comment never criticised that management at the airport about the other airlines that they have brought to ncle but anyone with any business sense must recognise that they made a mistake on the New York front. Continental were the airline with the proven track record operating from smaller UK airports (Belfast, Bristol, Birmingham, Edinburgh). Who exactly are they going to bring in both Continental and Delta have confirmed that they have no plans for a Newcastle route in any of their business plans for the next two years. Who therefore are they busting a gut with to bring in?