PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Shortage?
Thread: Pilot Shortage?
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2006, 16:24
me109

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Experienced Pilots

Good evening to eveyone ,
Being an experienced FO with a few thousand hours on B737 , I have had plenty of e-mails , phone calls etc regarding interviews , some of which I applied to about 4 years ago . A very good indication of an experienced pilot shortage.
However , I applied to a certain Lo Co in Luton , and recieved an interview date within 5 days of applying .
The interview , and tech paper went very well , and went to the sim early the next morning . The first few minutes were a little untidy , however , I settled in nicely .The assesor was not from the above indicated airline , but from a certain training provider .
I then recieved a call within 2 days informing me that I was not up to standard . Only a week prior to this , I had my LPC which was observed by a CAA inspector , which went very well , and recieved a very good report .
I must admit that I am still suprised at what happened , due to the fact that this particular airline is looking for 450 pilots , as was expressed to me at my interview .
I definately do not have a gripe at all , the people in Luton , were very pleasant , friendly , and welcoming .
I agree there is a shortage , however , how much of a shortage .