PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eyesight...
Thread: Eyesight...
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2006, 12:57
miikey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Farrell
Hello Michael

I am almost running out the door as I write this so I will be brief.
You have lots of time at 17 to become a pilot. Your eyesight from the info you have given is well within the requirements for a JAA Class 1 even the UK one.

But before you go clambering off to flight school, one thing I am certain of is outside of medicals, a potential employer would like to see that you have gained a little bit of life experience before letting you loose on an airliner.

Get a degree. You will be finished it by the time you are 21. Then take a year off and travel through Asia and South America. After that, you should have a little more "life experience" hours under your belt.

Don't get me wrong, there are 20 year olds out there in the right hand seat and they are great pilots but they have sacrificed, for the moment, the joys of independent travel and seeing the world from a grassroots level.

We'll all still be here when you get back so.....give yourself some time and good luck to you!

Farrell
Getting a degree as you said, is what im really focusing on for time being, and i hope ill be able to go to university after my A-levels and take a course such as Avionics or possibly some other realted course.

And on the exprience part you were talking about, for the time being ive been trying to get a work experience placement or even a part time job at my local airfield.
____________________________________________________________ __
cheers for the feedback everyone, atleast now the eyesight question ive been thinking of is now set aside