PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus technology defects
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2006, 11:28
airsound

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm sad the egsc_h17/arcniz bunfight descended into personal abuse and then huffy withdrawal from the fray. Their obviously expert but contradictory arguments were getting to an interesting stage. In particular, egsc said
Originally Posted by egsc_h17
As far as I'm aware there has never been a FBW failure in a commercial aircraft that has resulted in loss of critical control systems. The number of tech problems due to software are totally eclipsed by mechanical and electrical problems.
FBW software systems are known to have saved aircraft, but are yet to be proven causal in any production hull loss. That makes our record infinitely better than almost every other aircraft system.
Just imho.
As far as I can tell, arcniz did not offer any contradictory evidence. I wonder, do you have any, arcniz? If you do, I for one would very much like to see it. If you don't, doesn't that rather weaken your argument that
The problem is under-scrutinised and under-tested design experimentation by sanctimoniously self-assured technicians who feel that all problems have been solved, the world is perfect; the current technology of choice will always save the day.
airsound
not stirring, honest......