PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - Australia II
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2006, 11:25
Gone U/S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Fuel to the Fire ....

The rumour mill is in overdrive at the moment about the blanket down the toilet affair. At least it gives us all something else to talk about instead of job security.
From what i've heard it appears the blanket was stuffed on the outbound SYDJNB sector QF63 and caused a large leakage into the hold of the aircraft on the return sector QF64 when the pipes burst... will let you all imagine what i am talking about there.
And yes, there is a full investigation going on and i think someone will be losing more than just there staff travel benefits. *(Speaking of which have you seen the great NOT deals on offer to us with JQ International)*
Also ...
This aircraft OJP arrived in on friday as QF64 and was supposed to operate as the QF31 that afternoon/night. Subsequently this flight was cancelled and 300+ people overnighted in hotels or sent home in cabs for the following day.
On Saturday OJP operated the QF1 which left the terminal and returned due to engineering. Again overnighting of almost 400 passengers and departing sunday morning. A good decision for those passengers who had chosen this flight instead of the QF31 delay flight. A complete nightmare from what i heard and it even made the Sunday Telegraph today (although how the newspaper says the aircraft came from CHC i dont want to know).
Can you imagine how those passengers felt who were booked on QF31 (fri) and then QF1 (sat) felt. Luckily OJP successfully operated the QF1 (sun).
Well there is my spiel for the night. Hope you all get your kicks from it