PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fast Track, Perth
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2006, 11:09
aero747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"with fast-track you don’t end up with any formal qualifications, ok you get your licences but that’s it"

I'm not understanding this comment, i want to be a pilot so wouldn't getting the casa licence be the most important thing.

Dipoma's or degrees are nice but they aren't required in most airline jobs no one i have known to get a job has even been asked if they had a diploma or degree they just want to know the hours they have in the log book.

"ok a degree would be best but not every one wants to spend 3.5 years getting it"

My understanding is that once you have 2500 flying hours you are automatically accredited with 50% of your degree so i agree that it's a waste to spend so many years at uni when you could be cocentrating on the important things like a casa license and hours in your log book. You are also getting paid which always helps.

My mates who have done diploma courses tell me that not everybody who starts diploma courses actually gets a diploma because of all the add on non essential modules that you have to pass. Maybe you could inform us of what percentage of people actually get the diploma?

"if you are young what the hell is the rush and what would be best for the long term? its your money and you really have to look at what would bring the best for it and your future"

Airline's employ in cycle's which they are doing now, so therefore we need to rush because it is our money and we don't want to miss out!