PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NSW EMS (NGO or Private operator)
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2006, 10:09
fatrat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, that Hadley interview/spray was directed right at CHC Helicopters (Australia), I wonder if those who were twisting the knife forgot that as well as CHC Helicopters (Australia), Jawrow and Australian Helicopters (Who have also tendered) also have offshore ownership or at least a good pecentage of foriegn ownership. Or did they attack CHC because they consider them a threat and not Aussie and Jayrow??

I am not surprised at the attack, just like 10 years ago. I can't help but think that maybe this sudden outrage at that Canadian company was directed by those who stand to lose their nest eggs. What the CEO's of both SLSA and CareFlight failed to say was that it was them (Personally ) that would lose their jobs.

I would be very surprised if many of the pilots, crew and engineers were not offered the opportunity to change uniforms if ANY of the commercial operators won the contract. (All three companies have advertised on numerous occassions in the recent months)

The medical personnel in the case of the SLSA helicopter service are employed by the NSW Health Dept,(They also serve on the CHC Operation in Wollongong) and those at CareFlight are employed by CareFlight. How the Health Dept would run the show remains to be seen, however they already provide some Docs to SLSA, and I would imagine they would ask the Dr's employed by CareFlight if they were interested in having their 1/8, 1/4, 1/2 salary paid by the Govt.

I hope that CHC respond in some way to this sledging, not by returning what they got, but respond in a dignified manner without sledging. They sat back 10 years ago and let Surf and CareFlight's public sledging and whining to the Govt have the contract overturned, and did not respond to any of the garbage.

Will a commercial operator get the contract? Not if the boys from the charities are going to continue with their present actions!

Shame really I am sure that the public in NSW would be very happy as long as they have a service, cost to the community with a commercial operator very close to what they pay now. They pay taxes, they also make donations, and they also pay through the sponsors, all the Westpac customers, and NRMA members (and those with insurance with NRMA insurances (IAG??)) also pay through bank charges and Insurance premiums. (even the QLD VIC SA WA and TAS policy holders pay for the service in NSW) At least with a commercial operator they would pay through their taxes only!!

They just don't get told this by the present operators do they??

Rant over,

Fatty