PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Global Search for ATCs
Old 26th Nov 2006, 10:04
AirNoServicesAustralia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess other than Funk, I must be the only one that found quick turnarounds bloody horrible and the Morning, Doggo same day turnaround, just downright dangerous. Also to go in on a night shift with no scheduled break relief was in my opinion criminal.

Yes Tobzalp, we work 2 nightshifts in a row. We have 17 hours off between our 2 Morning shifts, then 24 hours off between our 2nd morning and first Arvo. Then 16 hours off between our afternoons, and then 24 hours off between our arvo into our night, then 15 hours off between our nightshifts, and then a sleep day and 3 full days off (which is long enough to pop over to Paris or London for a dirty weekend as guys here have been known to do). So bottom line is we get to our first nightshift not fatigued, but rested and ready to go. We then enter our second nightshift with ample opportunity to rest and recover. We then have a nice long break to get over work and still have time left to enjoy ourselves. I would take that over the constant zombie state 10 and 11 hour turnarounds left me in thanks.

But hey, if you guys enjoy that roster, good luck to you. As I said I am just warning the guys going there from O/S cos when I tell the guys here the rosters worked in Oz, they can't believe you do it. Enjoy!