PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Interview (threads merged)
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2006, 06:06
SKYTORT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have stumbled across this post, and unfortunately I don't have time to give you a thorough rundown, I will in the near future since everything is still very fresh in my head. In a nutshell:

You arrive there, and depending on where you are coming from you might have a day or two off between arrival and the start of the selection process. Others aren't so lucky and start the very next day - so if you do, make sure you get to bed asap since you will right psycho tests and you need a fresh brain for that! Before I start, I have a lot of information on the GA selection, but due to lack of time I am not able to give all the gen, but just remind me - try and PM or something...

OT Test.

These involve four tests under the following categories: Numerical estimation; Verbal reasoning; spacial orientation, and IT test. They are pretty straight forward except for the spacial orientation - GOOD LUCK!!!! The bad news is, if you don't crack the Gulf Air profile standard you are out and will be sent home. If you pass, congrarts, you are through to the second round! After the OT tests you write a 50 question technical paper covering everything from (Radio Aids, Navigation, Tech and Gen, Human Factors etc - it's quite difficult I must admit)

Then, depending what your schedule is like, you will, during the course of the next few days, do the following:

Personal interview - about 1.25 hours long

Group Excersice - 40 minutes in total - 10 minutes to prep, and 30 minutes to come to a coclusion (more about this later).

Flight planning excercise - 1 hour (more about this later)

Sim ride, and then another short interview.

The guys conduct an awesome selcetion process, and you really get a good feel for what you are letting yourself in for - that is, you meet captains and FO's and everything else.

Sorry for the limited info, but I will post a thorough debrief later

Laters