PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LL controllers in SUN EFPS shocker
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2006, 23:50
2miles600feet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To all Gatwick historians, I apologise. Clearly got wires crossed re. status of old VCR and managed to make 2+2=5. However, I do believe the second part of my original post on this thead to be true; i.e. that when the SMVCR became surrounded by concrete, Gatwick staff working arrangements were seriously affected, and they got nothing for it. I am happy to be corrected if this is also wrong.

Originally Posted by GT3
But how is it at odds? Should LL ATCOs have told the KK ones to ask for more? Not a snipe but a genuine question as that has confused me.
GT3: Not taken as a snipe - perfectly good question. I may have misinterpreted the intent of P7's post, but to me there appears to be an inconsistency: the fact that Gatwick staff have never been compensated for their increased journey times to/from work is their problem - yet it appears Heathrow staff consider they should be entitled to some form of compensation, and that the ATCO community should support it. Does this make any sense?

I do agree with the majority of P7's post, and certainly empathise regarding your obvious concerns regarding changes to operational working practices.