PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Wales & Swansea airport...
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2001, 13:53
GROUNDHOG

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Zebedee - As you may know one aircraft is owned by Roy Thomas G-BUXT and the second G-RGDT currently leased from Islandsflug, but I think the plan is to purchase this if the price is right. I understand a third is planned but eventually if the airline is to expand they will I suspect go into something bigger but there should always be a place for the Do228 on North/South Wales for instance?

Question. Swansea, surely they need full Xray and screening equipment, don't know if this exists but I can't imagine Dublin airport would be very pleased with passengers arriving unscreened into the terminal building?

Since my cover is blown as ex MD of Air Wales I have to say Roy Thomas has my total admiration for his continued support of the airline and the man truly deserves to succeed. There is no sign of this support waining and contrary to press reports he continues to do it from his own pocket.

The 'hog now gets roasted so this is his last post - goodbye everyone and thanks and best wishes to all the fantastic staff that supported me in Air Wales during my time there. I'm back off to the potting shed or out to but some bowls.........