PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Westland Lynx (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2001, 01:55
rigid_rotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear AAC,

After spending the vast amonts of HM cash on the very capable WAH64, the AAC will get the battlefield support aircraft it can afford. Afford being the most pertinent word. Those of you living in the "AAC on the battlefied alone" world are living in the past. Get real, as previously stated, it would take a significant amount of SH to support a WAH64 FARP and a few Lynx (or their replacement) will not make much of a difference. Its so easy to say "we want blackhawk" "we want etc etc", most of which are I expect manufactured by our USA friends. I doubt if many of you have ever flown many of the competitors but are just very keen to slag off the UK product (and no, I do not work for Westlands). I dont see much evidence of the USA brethren slagging off their countries products but the Brits make a speciality of having a go at home produce. Call it replacement lynx, BLUH or whatever. Just remember it will part of something larger than just the AAC. You have spent a lot on the excellent WAH64. You must live with the consequences.