PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 4
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 4
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2006, 22:22
Ops Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ncleflights [QUOTE] On the subject of my earlier comment on the airport management not getting their act together on the New York route, I think its a valid comment.

Come on, give these guys a break!! I am sure the management are busting a gut attempting to attract an airline to operate the NCL - New York route. This would be a very lucrative route for the Airport, so to say that they aren't trying to attract an airline to operate the route is ludicrous.

When AA pulled the route last year the Airport did say that it would be "actively looking for another airline to operate the route" and this is obviously going to take time (more time than previously anticipated).

This week the NCL thread has been full of rumour of the NCL - DXB route kicking off Sept 07. Everyone knows that the management have been in close talks with Emirates so this is likely to turn out to be true. (airbridge on stand 9 is getting built for someone)

This week BA pulled the LGW route and within 2 days they announced another airline to operate the route!!!

With all the extra Jet 2 routes that have recently been announced and additional based aircraft for next summer. Extra routes with Ryanair and dont forget FlyBe said they would be making a massive announcement about additional routes from NCL + extra routes from Thomson Fly.

So when you take the blinkers off and look at the bigger picture it would appear that the management at NCL have in fact got their act together in genrerating route development from NCL and are doing a good job.

As I said earlier it's obvoiusly going to take a bit longer than previously anticipated in attracting a carrier to operate to NCL from NYC. The route will eventually come we just need to be patient and give it maybe a another 12 months. After this time, and we still have no NYC route then jump on the management.

And before everyone jumps on me, NO i'm not management and certainly no licker!!