PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe to acquire BA Connect (Crew thread - no spotters)
Old 25th Nov 2006, 22:04
Sidings

Location: Sidings, George, Albert, Viking, Gluepot, Hop Garden, The British, Union....
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LP should worry - copies taken of his recent derogatory post and will be copied as necessary to interested parties for legal action as deemed appropriate. And don't shoot me - I am just the messenger.

P-Jumper - thanks for the proposed salary info however just because you have won a ballot by
a very small margin
doesn't mean that it will be approved - take a reality check. A good ballot result presents a credible threat of industrial action and the company might take note. Or not. However a weak majority (as suggested here) leads to further negotiation and compromise.

And considering that the majority (we only have 7 Dash versus something like 42 jets) of BACON are already on jet fleets - with the now prospect of moving to Dash means yr 1 BACON Captains potentially take a cut of £5769 to fly a large turboprop. And there aren't any year one Captains anyway - most are year 5 or more (continuous service counts - no going back to zero when promoted) (hence £8749 pay cut). Similarly yr 1 FO jet with BACON moved to Dash with you faces a cut in pay of £7061. Perhaps Flybe pilots can have some understanding now why BACON pilots are very concerned AND LEAVING (and/or applying to leave) IN DROVES. Nothing personal I would suggest - but if our existing pay isn't (as a minimum) frozen at present levels - then no way can people afford to stay. Mortgages etc.

The only potential BACON winners are those FO's who take a Dash command - however many of our jet FO's could have had a Dash command with us 4 or 5 years ago - but hung on for the jet command. So I would suggest limited interest especially if bonded. Especially when they could pick up a direct entry command on 145 with bmi (with far better career prospects) at £52320.
Not to mention easy jet etc. So I would suggest that much of the negativity towards Flybe from BACON pilots is due the above. Should our respective CC's reach suitable agreement that resolves the above issues there will be far more content!

Last edited by Sidings; 25th Nov 2006 at 22:14.