PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 4
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 4
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2006, 15:14
ncleflights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Easyjet

I think nclairportfan is correct I cant see easyjet adding any new routes out of newcastle for a while. They have reduced the number of routes from Newcastle by 3 this year and last year pulled plans to base an additional aircraft at Newcastle at the last minute. Originally this aircraft was to arrive in November 06.

On the subject of my earlier comment on the airport management not getting their act together on the New York route, I think its a valid comment remember that two airlines were interested in this route AA and Continental but the latter could not start operations until summer 07 so the airport went with AA. This decision proved an error, its worth remembering that Continental have a proven track record operating from smaller European airports AA do not, mainly concentrating on larger airports. Newcastle is now in the position where CO are no longer interested in flying to NCL, a recent fact put out from their Houston HQ.

On the Jet2 front I would imagine at least one extra route, if nothing else to keep the 146 busy in the afternoon as it looks to be sitting around alot. As no Amsterdam SO7 has been announced, does anyonw know if this has been pulled as the jet 2 737 aircraft are already well used and I cant see where the spare capacity is for Amsterdam. Does anyone out their know?