PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Victoria International Airlines - Uganda
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2006, 13:58
ugflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VIA

No disrespect to the SA pilots, but the Ugandan government needs to take the interests of the local pilots into considerations i.e Ugandan passport holders.
So with Victoria employing all South African crew means that the company which is only partly owned by the Ugandan government is taking it's profits back home to SA.
Now get this, I applied to various startup airlines in India and I was told by every single one of them that I need to be an Indian national to get in as First Officer. Otherwise, they do have openings for foreign nationals as Captains. See this ensures that the local populace gets a piece of the pie not to mention that those young First officers are the Captains of the future. We are missing out big time and it really sucks. Uganda should have a similar arrangement so that way, the foreign captains come in and train the local FO's who are the future captains. And by the way, I am convinced there is an abundance of young trained pilots in Uganda and you just need to go out and find them. Just my two cents worth! On another note, I did my first flight in the Citaion II last week, neat stuff I tell you. I will be going back and forth between that and the King Air 200.

Later