PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UAL Strike
Thread: UAL Strike
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2002, 19:30
drvrA320

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spinoff,

I agree with you, the IAM as well as most all of the other employee groups of UAL are "Mad as Heck" and don't want to take it any longer. However, I still believe cooler heads will prevail.

We all want that "Battle Star" and most of us have those proud "Battle Scars". But they all really come with a price, sometimes worth it sometimes not.

Creighton really isn't new blood, (coming from the ranks of the board members) but he does have some fresh ideas and not much baggage. Let's watch and see what he can do... remember former President Reagan's motto.. "Trust but Verify".

Don't mistake me for a management weenie or management supporter. In the service industry such as ours, I am a firm advocate of what is good for the employee is usually good for the company (lets battle our competitors, not each other). The UAL suits have made many serious and just plain stupid decisions. The IAM will have to be strong and demonstrate intelligent leadership, which I believe can be done.

I am optimistic they will have a contract they can proudly take to the membership.

Cheers