PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - why is everyone flightcrew leaving the military?
Old 24th Nov 2006, 21:15
ZOFO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leaving No not long till the pension

Spannermonkey.

Fantastic post! I think that you have broke the vow of silence that a lot of people in your position are afraid to break!!. I can safely say that the "dissent" is not only felt at "your level" but also at "my level". At present I have a PVR rate in my section of over 70 percent. I am really strapped for manpower, I am working 24/7 365 be it on call or actually in my section. The late reply is due to me being called out earlier this evening for an incident that I am sure that you will all have seen on tele earlier. Well it made the news on UTV anyway!!. The powers to be have to really sit back and re-think on where it is going wrong, Underfunded, yep heard that one before, Undermanned, yep, youth of today are not going to join up. and the Classic "Overstretched", Wait till next year when according to the PM it is all going smoothly over here!!. I think that we may have more than 2 fronts to worry about, but hey dont believe me I am but a mere cog in the wheel!!

My dad (RIP) when in the Mob used to say to me that it was the Blind leading the Blind (i.e shut up and get on with it) and I must say that was the Airforce that i joined 21 years ago, but after all this time it is now the Blind leading the guys on the ground that can see what is happening but have to put up and shut up with bosses with no back bone (Jelly fish)

Time for Change? (You know it will never happen)

I really hope that the Air****"ps really see how happy their troops are!!

By the way have they not leaned Bradenham Beeches Lately, that would save a packet. Sorry only speaking from a previous life having to guard it!!