PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - People standing up when the AC has landed?
Old 24th Nov 2006, 16:51
TeaAnyone21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just remembered an even more stupid pax!

There we were holding for departure at 0700 for a 50minute flight and I hear the PA "cabin crew seats for departure"

So I am minding my own business and can feel the aircraft rolling forward and starting to turn onto the runway when click!

I hear a seatbelt being undone. I look around the bulkhead and a businessman is standing up getting something out of his bag in the locker.!!!

Needless to say I was not pleased nor was I tactful when I shouted "sir, get your backside on that seat right now!"

He did and I was not about to get up and put myself at risk until after take off.

So the cabin crew are released after takeoff and he waves we over. The guy says to me...
" excuse me but I dont appreciate being shouted at like that on an aircraft"

So I replied

"Sir I am sorry but do you realise how stupid you have just been. You have not only just put yourself at risk but also about a dozen other passengers around you if not the whole aircraft. So forgive me but if someone is going to show the common sense of a child I will speak to them like one."

Needless to say he went very quiet and a recieved a fair few congratulations from other pax nearby.