PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 4
Thread: MANCHESTER - 4
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2006, 14:11
Bagso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think talk of Kenya and Saudia ia a tad premature.
I personnally think MAN can forget long haul outside of what we already have, there may be the odd straggler but lets be honest the list of airlines ready to give MAN another go after previous failiures, self inflicted or otherwise would be pretty thin and they would be the main players, QF CX etc
I think I first heard Saudi 30 years ago but then the Ex Pat community was really strong, times are so much different now anyway, so where on earth would the market be for this service..?
As for Kenya well what if they did appear, I think they would be following in the steps of Air Seychelles and Air Mauritius - 2 years of discounted fees then a pull out.
Surely China or Japan is the place to be looking but they appear to have no interest in serving the North of England.
Rather than chasing new or dare I say old long haul airlines the watchword s/b retention, hold what we have AND compete head on with Liverpool....."who would have thought that 10 years ago"
MAN was complacent when EZY started flights from there and appears equally oblivious to the threat of new long haul flights to New York and Toronto flights.........sad really !