PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet Stock Market Press Statement
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2001, 14:34
Gemini the Cricket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

I find interesting that an airline which is agressive agaisnt all its opponents to get a place under this sun, which purchases pages of national newspapers to prove the rest of the world that they are more clever than the rest of the world, and which was nearly praising the recent tragic events because of potential growth forecasts... I find intereresting that this same company is now crying on pprune to adress the stock markets not to leave its value down (see -5 last time I looked at it). I would like to pinpoint the fact that easyjet is not a big company. They are just growing to a critical size of 25 A/C in september. A lot of new aircafts have been recently delivered and therefore must be used efficiently. Easyjet is going to discover the same problem as its competitors, having to open more bases, increasing the risks on costs... It is easy to make money and be cocky with a small outfit. It is harder, when you grow and have to fill up a lot more aircrafts... I just wanted to pinpoint some more elements concerning easyjet...

[ 26 September 2001: Message edited by: Gemini the Cricket ]