PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - UK
Thread: Virgin - UK
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2006, 11:40
Virgin Boi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To answer the last 5 questions....

Airhostessdream... I found your post quite hard to understand, but basically you will need to account for every minute, of every single day, of the last 5 years - otherwise you will not get an airside pass, period.

If you can not get a reference from a place of employment then you will need to get someone close to you to complete a personal reference.

---

I just want to fly... There are 2 bases in the UK. These are London and Manchester.

New crew can ONLY apply for the London base. You are able to apply to join the MAN base after 6 months service if you wish to do so.

London based crew operate flights from LHR and LGW, the split of flights for junior crew, I believe, is around 50/50 from each airport.

The hourly coaches you see are transport for all Virgin employees between Concorde house and the staff car parks at LGW, to the Queens building at LHR, and vice versa. The fleet of coaches are operated by national express on behalf of Virgin and are free of charge to staff and their friends/family etc.

There is no maximum height limit. There is a minimum height limit of 5'2.

---

Fly Davy... I believe its around 2 to 3 weeks before your course starts.

---

Bethanm... My recomendation would be a house in the LGW area as that is where all the Virgin training takes place, and where the offices are. It will also be cheaper than a house in the LHR area.

---

Hope all that helps you guys...