Scottie Dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the Group for sale?

Originally Posted by GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
quite sure if this the correct forum as it covers 4 airports
http://thebusinessonline.com/Documen...3-23E2C3551733
So firstly if mod likes to move no problem
Secondly any comments/ thoughts
It`s all yours guys, personally I think it is probably the best thing Manchester can do as It will release plenty of cash to sort Manchester out before they sell it
G-I-B
Personally I could not agree with you more. I never could understand the logic of buying the other airports - with apologies to BOH, EMA and HUY. It seemed as if the Board of Directors had a fixation on trying to compete with the BAA. I can not remember the amount that the original company paid for the other airports, but I do hope that the sale will realise more than was spent.

Yes, Manchester needs to seriously concentrate on getting itself back into order. The whole industry in the north is now so vastly different from what it was in the days of Sir Gill - I remember the cynical (or tongue in cheek) T-shirts etc that were around when Gill left British Airways; they read 'Would You Trust This Man to Run Your Airport'. Well Sir Gill turned out to be the man that you could trust.

Without wanting to get too political it seems that there is a lot of talk of the airport's directors being 'fatcats'. Now I have no idea as to how their salaries compare with others in industries with a similar turnover, and isn't that how we should be comparing them? It would probably go down well with the seemingly large number of disgruntled employees if they were to make a one-off' donation of a percentage of their salaries towards the building fund but would it really make a difference?

Hopefully the airport will now start to look towards it's roots and remember that it has a big role to play in the region along with its newly developing neighbours. They do say that competion is good for you, so let's hope that the dismemberment of MAG, it the rumour is true, will help to rekindle this flame.

Last edited by Scottie Dog; 24th Nov 2006 at 09:08. Reason: Spelling