PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737NG - Trimming in the flare??
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2006, 08:39
Funnel Cloud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Originally Posted by Rainboe
Running late..... making a turnoff....saving time....local regulations....unserviceability. 737 brakes are effective and don't suffer heating problems.
Hi Rainboe,

I agree indeed, the NG brakes are very good and I have also used Autobrake 3 with idle reverse before. It's not a big deal especially when you're operating at light gross weights, however.... you should still be very aware of the minimum brake cooling schedule. Nobody says that these pilots didn't do that, because they may have had a nice long turn-around anyway. In that case there is no problem.

Originally Posted by Rainboe
The NG has a trim system that fires off by itself, without input, especially just after take-off.
Indeed this "SPEED TRIM SYSTEM" works especially just after take-off but NOT during the landing flare. It's only armed at high power settings (N1 greater than 60% for the -800). I have never seen a trim wheel move during the landing flare and according to my FCTM it's not recommended.

I must say I agree with the rest of your post. It's sad that you can't trust anyone these days and it seems that any normal looking pax could be a journo. Some colleages of mine also allowed a passenger taking a photo of the flight deck during disembarking. The next day it was all over the newspapers with the title "Journalists gets unrestricted access to flight deck of passenger jet" or something like that.

Cheers,

FC

Last edited by Funnel Cloud; 24th Nov 2006 at 08:40. Reason: typo