PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Don't shop at Harrods!
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2006, 07:46
toddbabe

Originally Posted by QFIhawkman
We didn't start a war in an extremist country. And it wasn't for "No bloody reason". We don't "Stick our noses" into American problems (I.e. American domestic policy), but Okay we do have a say in US foreign policy.

The reason we are more of a target than Germany, France, Holland, Italy etc is because we stand shoulder to shoulder with the US I'll grant you that.
The difference though, is that we're the only country who stands alongside the US. The others seem to be absent right now.

Now I'm no fan of the US. In fact I hate Americans. But it seems that the UK is the only nation that has supported the US full time since the whole thing started.

I'm pretty sure that you would be the first person to write to the tabloids if you ever saw the headline "UK snubs US". So what is the UK to do? Yes we could declare full independance from the USA.

And where would we go from there?

You have answered all my questions for me!
Who started the war then if not us and America?
What reason do you think we went to war for ? weapons of mass destruction hmmm let me think about that one?
Iraq's involvement in 9/11 hmm!
Terror camps in Afghanistan, yes but why were they set up and why were they targetting us?
Heroin production is up, so that can't be what we are doing there?
Removal of a dictator? plenty of them still knocking around the world (none oil rich countries) some of them in past emperial and commonwealth countries that deserve better from us.

You are kidding yourself if you think we have even the remotest say in America's foreign policy ( they didn't even tell us they were striking in Iraq after 9/11 till it happened )
Yes we stand shoulder to shoulder and now we are paying the terror price shoulder to shoulder.
I for one would applaud a Government that made it's own foreign policy decisions and stuck by them regardless of what America did, sometimes we need to be more selfish and say no, do you think we would be involved on this scale if America wasn't involved? Where was America when we were getting bombed to **** by the IRA every weekend?